Helpful Hints to keep your school uniforms looking great even longer:
- Follow the care instructions inside each garment.
- Wash in small loads.
- Wash garments made of “same” fabrics and colors together
- Pre-treat any stains before washing (machine washing and drying without pre-treating may set stains in permanently). We recommend Vanish® for this purpose.
- Do not put undiluted washing powder directly onto your washing as spot bleaching can occur. (dissolve the powder into the water before adding to garments)
- Chlorine bleach and pre-soaks are not recommended. We recommend Vanish® to remove stains or colors that may have run, & to brighten Whites.
- Never hang your garments out in direct sunlight.
- DO NOT use brush or scrubbers on the garment. This will definitely reduce the life of your garment.
- Always fasten all zips, buttons and studs prior to washing so that they don’t damage the garments or get caught during the wash cycle.
- When washing, use cold water cycles.
- To protect the color of your garments always wash them inside out.
- Use a quality detergent – low cost additives can cause pilling and fading.
- Iron at low temperature/Synthetic setting only.
Special Instructions for Knits like T-shirts, Socks and Sweatshirts
- Do NOT Machine Wash. We recommend you hand wash the knit separately in cold water only. Do not use HOT WATER any time while washing knits like socks etc.
- DO NOT use hot iron. Please keep the setting to Low/Synthetic/Knits in your iron.
- Do NOT dry in direct sunlight. This will cause your knits including the socks to loose elasticity and their shape rapidly.
- Do NOT wring or twist the knits.
- DO NOT PUT your KNITS IN THE DRYER! (Drying your knits in the dryer will shrink it for sure. So instead of throwing it into the dryer for a quick dry, lay the shirt out flat, so it will dry on its own)
- Dry promptly after the washing is done.
- USE Mild detergent only. We recommend Detergent Soap Bars.
- For SWEAT SHIRTS:
- Hand Wash the garment separately before THE FIRST USE. If not the excess fur/fiber will stick on your child’s other garments.
- After wash, reverse the garment and dry in shade, for more durability of the garment.